millsberrychat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will You be my Valentine?

Go down

Will You be my Valentine? Empty Will You be my Valentine?

Post  vontin1 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:05 am

Will You be My Valentine?

Will You be my Valentine? Millsberryavartarpicgaz

Thursday, February 11, 2010 — The red envelope on her desk came as a surprise to Millsberry Academy teacher Mrs. Seashore. Inside, the card read, "I heart your job! Admiringly, Harold Ettin." That's right: Grocery Store owner Harold Ettin has known Mrs. Seashore for years—and has always considered teaching a very admirable profession.

How nice of him to let me know he admires my job, she thought. (For those of you not familiar with the term, "I heart" is just another fun way of saying "I love," "I like," or "I admire."

And, with Valentine's Day only three days away, right now's the perfect time to reach out to all the friends you "heart," to let them know how much you care—including your family, some of the most important Valentines you'll ever have! It's an excellent reminder that these sentiments don't require candy, flowers, or balloons (although those things aren't frowned upon, either)!

To help spread the word that admiration is always welcome in the form of a simple note, the Post Office has even released new Valentine's Day postcards. So, if you see another Millsberrian's home you admire—or name you like, or wild outfit that grabs your attention, remember: 'Tis the season to let them know! After all, everyone loves to get surprises in the mail. Plus, you can send them a little gift item as well!

One resident we spoke to told us he's planning on surprising his friend with the flower in a vase that he won at Grow Good Farms. What a great idea! And, speaking of flowers, why not grow a plant of your own in the Honey Nut Cheerios®️ Greenhouse? After just five days it can add some love to your home—or be sent as a belated Valentine's gift to a friend! Just be sure to check out all of the beloved Valentine's Day items that are being re-released in the Hardware Store and at Toys, Tricks, and Games (including teddy bears, heart windows, cupid statues, roses, and candy-hearts) in time for this special day!

Oh—and in case you were wondering: Harold Ettin got a sweet return surprise from Mrs. Seashore, in the form of a dancing flower! He told us that the whole exchange has inspired him to pursue his longtime dream of teaching cooking classes at his store. He explained, "Finally, I can fuse my two passions: cooking and teaching—something I've always wanted to do!"

Well, we here at the Gazette absolutely "heart" inspiration, so here's hoping we've passed some on to you. Happy Valentine's Day!
vontin1
vontin1

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum